Get In Touch
- Dorman Long takes pride in adhering to best industry practices, both in terms of results and effectiveness, in order to ensure the safety and health of its employees, contractors, suppliers, community and customers. As an organization, Dorman Long is also committed to avoiding degradation of the environment wherever it conducts its operation whether at our sites or off site at a clients’ facility.
- Our people, their motivation and dedication to customer service in a safe and clean environment are always a corporate priority.
- A “zero tolerance” approach to violations of health and safety requirements has proved to be one of the Company’s greatest strengths. We have specific targets which help to ensure that we do not fall short of our goals. These are:
- Zero Fatalities
- Zero lost time injuries
- Zero recordable injuries
- Zero personnel occupational related illnesses
- Zero damage to property and the environment
- Health and safety training is a priority and is conducted continuously; formally and informally.
- The Company has received several Health Safety and Environment (HSE) Awards and commendations from various International Oil Companies (IOC) in recognition of the success of its HSE Policy.
Some Awards Received:
- Incentive prize for achieving over 250, 000 man hours without Lost Time Injury (LTI) on SNEPCO’s Bonga Buoy/Suction Piles Fabrication from Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCO)
- Incentive prize for achieving over 150, 000 man hours without Lost Time Injury (LTI) on ERHA piles fabrication from STOL/ ExxonMobil
- HSE Award- Technical Services Division (Construction & Project Department) from Total/Elf Petroleum Nigeria
- HSE recognition from Shell Nigeria for over 4 years Lost Time Injury (LTI)-Free operation in the Bonga Brownfield Engineering and Fabrication Project
- Chevron Nigeria Limited –Safety Excellence Award for achieving over 400,000 LTI Free man-hours in the Okan PRP Project- Nov, 2016)
Our Four Point Strategy is:
- Management and leadership commitment
- Robust HSE-MS process and effective Implementation
- Hazard recognition and mitigation
- Personnel involvement and accountability